Fasloc® Resin Cartridges offer quick installation for rock bolts and dowels used for the stabilisation of rock faces, cuttings and tunnels. The resin has a fast cure time, enabling the bolt to be loaded following installation. Resin cartridges are used with GEWI® Steel and GRP rock bolts, where the bolt can be spun into the resin to achieve a full bond. The fast cure time of Fasloc® resin cartridges offers installation benefits for roped access work, as well as for rail possessions or night closures.
For installation, the resin cartridges are placed in to a 38mm borehole, followed by the rock bolt, which is spun in using an air-powered spinning tool. This process ensures the two-part resin is fully mixed, and extruded within the borehole to fill the annulus and achieve cure. Typical installed bolt lengths range from 0.6m - 2.3m, using one to four resin cartridges.
Fasloc® Resin Cartridges offer:
- Fast installation and cure for rock bolts – roped access installation, rail possessions.
- Efficient mixing of two-part cartridge, with slight expansion on final cure - increased bond
- Increased permeability of borehole wall - for greater friction in rock.
- Ease of handling and installation – for consistent performance.
- Greater load performance, due to superior load transfer between the resin and the rock.
- Increased film shredding (to prevent “gloving”), due to larger filler aggregate.
- Improved mixing between the two resin components, through low resin to catalyst ratio.