The DYWIDAG supplied mesh range includes two products that are specifically designed for weathered rock or soil retention. High Tensile GREEN (G65/3) and Light Weight GREEN meshes incorporate a three dimensional polypropylene erosion control mat into the high-tensile steel wire mesh. The integrated, reinforced composite is suitable for temporary and permanent erosion control. These Geo-composite products can be used on slopes, embankments and cuttings where vegetation is to be encouraged. The three-dimensional erosion control mat provides an ideal environment for the vegetation to grow, even in difficult climatic conditions.
Both High Tensile GREEN and Light Weight GREEN meshes blend into nature and adapt to the topography of the slope. The three dimensional erosion control mat provides immediate protection from erosion, allowing vegetation to grow quickly. Seeding of the slope can be incorporated before or after installation. Both High Tensile GREEN and Light Weight GREEN meshes are supplied in Curry Green, in order to have minimal visual effect on the surrounding environment: it blends in with most landscapes. The integrated erosion control matting contains UV stabilisers which increases the durability when left exposed.
- Compared to installing a flexible facing mesh and a separate erosion control matting below, both High Tensile GREEN and Light Weight GREEN offer timesaving on installation.
- An individual erosion control matting would also require pinning to profile the matting to the slope; however, with a geo-composite, the weight of the steel within the product helps contour the matting to the slope.
Minimal Visual Impact
- The Curry Green polypropylene erosion matting provides the appearance of a vegetated slope following installation.
- Compared to the traditional black product, when installed in large quantities, High Tensile GREEN and Light Weight GREEN meshes can provide a softer, more visually pleasing and unobtrusive solution whilst still providing a suitable face to accept hydro-seeding or topsoil.
- Geocomposites allow an erosion control system and a structural facing to be installed simultaneously without setting foot on the slope. Secured to a border rope or anchor trench, the mesh can be rolled down from the top. In instances where profiling pins or rock bolts/soil nails are required, time spent installing mesh on the slope is reduced by at least 1/2 when using a geocomposite compared to a two layer approach.