DYWI® Drill Hollow Bar
DYWI® Drill Hollow Bar is a fully threaded self-drilling system installed into loose or collapsing soils without the need for casing. The bar features a hollow bore which enables it to be simultaneously drilled and grouted. The hollow bar incorporates a left-hand thread for standard rotary percussive drilling.
Manufactured from high grade steel tubing to EN 10083-1, DYWI® Drill Hollow Bar is cold rolled to form standard rope thread or “T” thread profiles. The DYWI® Drill rolling process refines the grain structure of the steel, increasing the yield strength and producing a robust drill steel suitable for a range of drilling and grouting applications.
The DYWI® Drill Hollow Bar System includes a full range of drill bits, adaptor sleeves, couplers, nuts and bearing plates. In addition, the range of DYWI® Drill injection adaptors and drill tooling enables the hollow bar to be used with a wide range of drilling equipment.
- European Technical Approval
- The DYWI® Drill Hollow Bar System has a full European Technical Approval covering all bars and accessories ETA-12/0603
- Manufactured in Europe
- DYWI® Hollow Bars are produced in a specialist facility in Pasching, Austria
- No Casing Required
- Bars can be drilled into loose or collapsing soils without the need for a casing to support the borehole.
- Fully Threaded Rod Sections
- Continuous thread ensures that rods can be cut and coupled at any point, or extended.
- Simultaneous Drill and Grout Installation
- Grout is injected at all points of the borehole as drilling is advanced, permeating the local strata for increased bond performance and producing bulbing in softer sections of the soil.
- Rotary Percussive Drilling
- This drilling technique is highly efficient, ensures good directional stability of the drill string and helps to consolidate the grout within the borehole.
- High Strength Threads
- Both the Rope threads and “T” threads provide a strong and robust thread ensuring a high level of bond with the borehole grout.
- Self-Drilling System
- The self-drilling function enables bars to be drilled into most ground conditions for both tension or compression applications, and is also used as an injection conduit.
- Left-Hand Thread